ARDITI (Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation), Funchal, Madeira (Portugal), 4/September/2020
We are interested in submissions related to connections between sound, image and/or interaction, and the topics of interest listed below. SIIDS consists of two tracks: Papers and Art (fixed media). There is no participation fee. The keynote speaker will be announced at a later date. Due to the uncertainty related to COVID-19, this will be an ‘online first’ event (that is, mostly online; if restrictions are lifted meanwhile, we can give the option to participate locally or online).
Authors will be invited to submit an expanded version of their submissions to a Special Issue of the journal EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies (https://eudl.eu/journal/ct). The Special Issue based on the previous (first) edition of SIIDS can be found at: https://eudl.eu/issue/ct/7/23
- Deadline for submissions: 3/July/2020 (extended)
- Notification: 31/July/2020
- Deadline for registration: 14/August/2020
- Symposium: 4/September/2020
For the Papers track, please submit an extended abstract (800-1200 words*). Authors may submit their abstract in any scholarly layout as a PDF file. Papers will be single-blind peer reviewed by at least 2 reviewers.
(*) excluding references, captions and authors info
Format of presentations:
- Participants can present
- online (using video conferencing, independently of evolution of COVID-19 restrictions)
- or presentially (if COVID-19 restrictions are lifted).
- Duration of the oral presentations will be announced at a later date.
Paper submission link: [submissions closed]
This edition, to facilitate online presentation, the Art track is open to fixed media submissions, including music (acousmatic/electroacoustic) and audiovisual pieces. Selection of works will be juried. Selected works will be hosted in the SIIDS website, and the selection will be advertised. If COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, a public event will be organized locally.
Art track (fixed media), submission information:
- A brief description of the piece (max 200 words)
- A brief bio of the author(s) (max 200 words)
- A link to a video or audio of the piece, to download (i.e. Google Drive, DropBox)
- Submission formats:
Duration should no exceed 15 min
Audio: 44.1kHz, 16bit, uncompressed, stereo
Video: Full HD 1080p, 48kHz, 16bit audio
- By submitting a piece, each author authorises the SIIDS committee to upload the audio/video or audio to the SIIDS server, to be viewed in the SIIDS website (the audio/video will mention the credits and author’s copyright).
Art submission link: [submissions closed]
Topics of Interest
- Interactive audiovisual composition, performance or installation
- Audiovisual systems for mobile and web
- Graphical interfaces for musical instruments
- Interactive sound and/or visuals in dance
- Embodied interaction for sound and/or visuals
- Virtual Reality (VR) and audiovisual experience
- Sound in VR
- The role of notation as graphical representation of music
- Live visuals for music performance
- Live coding
- Interaction design approaches and methods for sound and image
- Mapping strategies between sound, image and/or interaction
- Design of digital musical instruments with a visual component
- New interfaces for musical expression
- Evaluation and user studies of audio/visual systems
- Audience studies (performance and installation)
- other related topics
Registration is required, and free.
Instructions for Authors – Camera-Ready versions of the accepted papers:
Please adapt your paper to the Microsoft Word format below, and re-upload in Microsoft Word format to EasyChair, by updating your submission. The deadline for this is 14/August/2020. Non-submission will imply a withdrawal of the paper. The camera-ready versions of the accepted papers will later be made available on this page. Papers will be licensed under Creative Commons Attribution license.
Download Word Template here.
Or format your paper based on these instructions:
- Document size: A4;
- Margins (left/right/top/bottom): 2.54 cm
- Title: Arial 20, bold (centered)
- Author’s name, affiliation, email: bellow the title, Times New Roman 11, name in bold (centered)
- Heading 1: Arial 12, bold, all caps (left aligned)
- Heading 2: Arial 10, bold (left aligned)
- Body text: Times New Roman 10 (justified)
- Captions (image / table): bellow image table, Times New Roman 10, italic (centered)
- Paragraph spacing: After: 10pt (for all styles)
- Reference format: Harvard, Times New Roman 10; Indentation: hanging, 1 cm (left aligned)
- Header: SIIDS 2020 – Sound, Image and Interaction Design Symposium, Times New Roman 10, italic (left indented)
If you have any questions, please email siids [at] arditi.pt.