ARDITI (Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation), Funchal, Madeira (Portugal), 4/September/2020
We are interested in submissions related to connections between sound, image and/or interaction, and the topics of interest listed below. SIIDS consists of two tracks: Papers and Art (fixed media). There is no participation fee. The keynote speaker will be announced at a later date. Due to the uncertainty related to COVID-19, this will be an ‘online first’ event (that is, mostly online; if restrictions are lifted meanwhile, we can give the option to participate locally or online).
Authors will be invited to submit an expanded version of their submissions to a Special Issue of the journal EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies (https://eudl.eu/journal/ct). The Special Issue based on the previous (first) edition of SIIDS can be found at: https://eudl.eu/issue/ct/7/23
- Deadline for submissions: 3/July/2020 (extended)
- Notification: 31/July/2020
- Deadline for registration: 14/August/2020
- Symposium: 4/September/2020
For the Papers track, please submit an extended abstract (800-1200 words). Authors may submit their abstract in any scholarly layout as a PDF file. Papers will be single-blind peer reviewed by at least 2 reviewers.
Format of presentations:
- Participants can present
- online (using video conferencing, independently of evolution of COVID-19 restrictions)
- or presentially (if COVID-19 restrictions are lifted).
- Duration of the oral presentations will be announced at a later date.
Paper submission link: [submissions closed]
This edition, to facilitate online presentation, the Art track is open to fixed media submissions, including music (acousmatic/electroacoustic) and audiovisual pieces. Selection of works will be juried. Selected works will be hosted in the SIIDS website, and the selection will be advertised. If COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, a public event will be organized locally.
Art track (fixed media), submission information:
- A brief description of the piece (max 200 words)
- A brief bio of the author(s) (max 200 words)
- A link to a video or audio of the piece, to download (i.e. Google Drive, DropBox)
- Submission formats:
Duration should no exceed 15 min
Audio: 44.1kHz, 16bit, uncompressed, stereo
Video: Full HD 1080p, 48kHz, 16bit audio
- By submitting a piece, each author authorises the SIIDS committee to upload the audio/video or audio to the SIIDS server, to be viewed in the SIIDS website (the audio/video will mention the credits and author’s copyright).
Art submission link: [submissions closed]
Topics of Interest
- Interactive audiovisual composition, performance or installation
- Audiovisual systems for mobile and web
- Graphical interfaces for musical instruments
- Interactive sound and/or visuals in dance
- Embodied interaction for sound and/or visuals
- Virtual Reality (VR) and audiovisual experience
- Sound in VR
- The role of notation as graphical representation of music
- Live visuals for music performance
- Live coding
- Interaction design approaches and methods for sound and image
- Mapping strategies between sound, image and/or interaction
- Design of digital musical instruments with a visual component
- New interfaces for musical expression
- Evaluation and user studies of audio/visual systems
- Audience studies (performance and installation)
- other related topics
Registration is required, and free (not yet open).
If you have any questions, please email siids [at] arditi.pt.